Site Feed

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Crosscountry skiing in Ceroux

Yesterday getting up, I saw the world in white from my bedroom window. Silently through the night a thick and heavy snow had fallen on Belgium. There was at least 15 cm. of good snow and it was still snowing. Cold magic white landscape. The birds hopping around were looking for food. I threw some bread but it went quickly to the bottom of the snow and more falling snow covered it. They would have to wait until we got organized with proper bird food.

In the afternoon I went shopping at the Brico in Ottignie, bought bird food and a very tacky green plastic bird-bath. It will have to do for now. I will buy a proper one in stone in the springtime to set in the garden in front of our living-room window.

Coming back home under a clear sky, it was then that I saw two siluettes gliding fast down a slope in the open country side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Add to Google expatriate