Site Feed

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ateliers Du Blog


ATELIERS DU BLOG

Monday I went to Paris to participate to my very first “Blog Conference”. The conference was organised by Guillaume du Gardier working now at Edelman at the Press Club de France. I have to say it was very easy to take the Thalys; this is our TGV from Brussels to Paris, then a short taxi ride to the meeting.

The main speaker was David Weinberger. I was well worth it. He had a very entertaining group of slides and I did not notice that he actually spoke for one hour. He is a very good speaker.

Here are the main points I have found important for me:
1. Internet is a new space and our blog is our new body
2. Do not worry if you are not perfect. To be “just good enough” is OK
3. When you blog you should be generous “link a lot”

After the presentation we had group sessions to discuss why companies should or should not have blogs. The conference was well attended. There must have been about 60 to 70 participants.

I went back home very happy to meet for the first time important fellow bloggers. It gets lonely sometime in Lasne for things like this.







2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Thanks for posting about this ...it was interesting. I

'm relatively new to blogging and learning as I go ...

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The problem is that we all are learning as we go and it is frustrating to reinvent the wheel all the time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Add to Google expatriate