Brussels Opera Season LA Monnaie 2006-2007
Last Monday, Les Amis de la Monnaie organised an evening where the new 2006-2007 opera season, was announced by the General Manager: Bernard Foccroulle.
We are still in the Mozart year together with the celebrations for Prokofiev . So here it is:
1. Die Entfuhring aus dem Serail – Mozart
2. Tristan und Isolde – Wagner
3 .La Traviata – Verdi
4. Ognenny Angel (L’Ange de Feu) – Prokofiev
5. L’Uomo dal Fiore in Bocca – Brewaeys – Creation Mondiale
6. Monsieur Chofleuri Restera Che Lui Le – Offenbach
7. La Mort de Sainte Almeene – Honegger
8. Fraulings Erwachen – Mernier – Creation Mondiale
9.La Vergine dei Dolori – Scarlatti
10.The Rake’s Progress – Stravinsky
11. Il Ritorno di Ulisse – Monteverdi
12. Die Zauberflote - Mozart
13. Samson et Dalida – Saint Saens
14. I Puritani – Bellini
15. Tancredi – Rossini
Now this is a really good program with something for everybody; covering all genres of music from early Baroque to Contemporary. We are absolutely lucky to have this magnificent Opera House with so much to offer.
Brussels is really a major opera venue for music lovers and music specialists. There will be two new operas in world's premier. They may not be very good but the fact that there is money and goodwill makes it already a big deal. Once in a while there is a revelation.
This will be Bernard Foccroulle last season before he goes to Aix-en Provence for a five year contract. The 250 people present in the “Salle Fiocco” were very emotional. Many of them had followed his seasons since the beginning, 15 years ago. For me it was only the second year and I also felt that I will miss him.
Cannot wait until September when the new season begins. I am already anticipating the emotions and happiness all this beautiful music will give me.